Sunday, October 12, 2008

The day started out well enough. I was up early, ate some french toast and a cup of coffee. Then off to work. I worked from 9 to 2. When I left the store I had to go to my cleaning job..
I have been having car problems. Trying to take care of them as I can. Every once in a while I would here this strange sound from the front of the car..Actually there were two different sounds that I didn't like..One sounds like it is the left front tire...Could it be the wheel bearing??? Then I start hearing the fan make a clinking sound from time to time..When I was at the garage last week I mention it to the mechanic,,,*who is in a hurry* and doesn't really pay too much attention to me. He says it could be lose or it might be the water pump....Ugh..Fast forward to today.. the sounds that it is making seems to be getting worse...I am now at work and feeling like I just want to sit down and cry...And then, I pull myself up and decide that it is out of my hands. If the car breaks down on my way home, I will just have to have it towed. If it makes it back to g-town, I will drive it directly to the service station close to my house, leave it there and walk home....And that is what I did..I have to work at the smoke shop tomorrow from 9 to 4. I am covering for the day person. His son got married this week-end and so his other son and daughter in law are back from Germany for the wedding..Anyway..The service station is right next to the smoke shop..I know the owners of the service station. Although I don't tend to take my cars there because they are more expensive than other places around here. But I am at the point that I feel as a single woman, I need to be able to trust that my mechanic won't rip me off. These guys may cost more, but I know they won't preform work that I don't need..
I put my keys with a note in the key drop...won't they be surprised when they get there tomorrow? lol
Now my only concern is getting to my night job for the next few days if mine can't be fixed right away...I do have a couple of options..My daughter..but she works nights also, so that would be a hassle. I could ask Randy if I could use one of his vehicles...or Larry. That is probably what I will have to do..I don't think this service station offers loaners...
I'm trying really hard not to let this tear me down. I know that it will work out in the end somehow. I just don't need this expense. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

I think I need to listen to my Joyce Meyer CDs...maybe that will put me in the right frame of mind...She inspires me to put my faith that the Lord won't give me more than I can handle...

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. The weather here has been absolutely beautiful. The trees are bursting with color.

Sheri

No comments: