Saturday, October 11, 2008



We had great weather here today..High 70s..It is supposed to last a few days. I worked at the store all day today. Everyone that came in gave me a report on how nice it was out..lol..Thanks. I was jealous for sure.
I had had three or four customers come in with in a few minutes of each other..then it got quiet again..As another customer was coming up to the counter, the phone rang..I answered it quickly. It was one of the customers that had just been in there. He explained that he had been in for such and such cigarettes and he was wondering if I would like to go out with him...lol I thought he was calling to complain or tell me that he had gotten the wrong cigarettes..To say I was speechless is an understatement..I had a customer waiting, so I just stammered out that I wasn't dating at this time.....lol..how lame did that sound? I got off the phone as quickly as possible, took care of the customer, and then tried to figure out who the guy was...People don't always understand that they are only seeing one person when they come in. In a day, I see anywhere from 20 to 60 people..But I should remember the one guy that comes in for Pall Malls...lol..It could be a shame that I don't remember exactly who he was, he could have been the love of my life and I just turned down a date with him..lol...Now I'll be looking for the guy coming in to buy Pall Malls...

My grandson Cameron is having such a hard time with kindergarten. His Mom called me the other day to tell me more about it. One of the other Moms told her that he husband works at the fire dept. and he heard how loudly this teacher was yelling at him. I told her to go to the principal an complain. That maybe she should see if she could get him moved into another class. Well, he told her that can't happen because they are too full. He also admitted that this teacher is known for yelling..WHAT? These are Five year old children. I told her to keep up with how she is treating him and if it continues, she will have to keep complaining until something is done. He had a substitute teacher for two days and didn't have any problems. When his regular teacher is there, he has behavior issues. Well, if the grown teacher can't control her behavior, it's no wonder that a five year old can't control how he behaves..
I sent him a card today to cheer him up. I told him that I was proud of him and that he should do his best in school..I also told him that the next time the teacher yells at him, he should nicely say, Please don't yell at me, it scares me..Maybe that will bring her to her senses..

I have gone thru all of Randys paper work. I have paid some of the bills. I have organized a ton of papers. Oh my word, he had bank statements that were three months old. I had spent 5 hours at his house yesterday. He couldn't believe it when he got home. He could actually see the desk.lol. Because he needs to go out and give estimates, he has to have daily access to the work orders..Then they have to be organized into, jobs okayed, jobs pending, jobs to be looked at and jobs that are already done. I went out and bought some folders that I can place right on the desk in a holder..When he comes home at the end of the day, he can put the folders he has where they belong and he can find the new contracts that he will have to go look at..

Jeremy went to another concert tonight. I told him that after this, he will have to slow down on that. He has been to more than a few this summer. It's time to start putting some money away for that rainy day. I know I should have started this a long time ago. But it's never too late to start a nest egg..and that's what I want him to do. I am trying to explain to him that although we are alright at this point, we both need to worry about the future. We need something to fall back on. I want him to know that the thing to do is to get used to putting a certain percentage of his wages into a savings account. He agreed that he has been to enough concerts for a while. So, getting him to save some money shouldn't be too hard. With the things that are going on in our world at this moment, it has made me open my eyes to what I should have thought about a long time ago. I have gotten caught up in the " have to have it" way of thinking,,,,No I don't Have to Have it.. I have nice furniture. I have nice clothes, I have comfortable surroundings. Yes, there is always something that we Want..But what I want most now is to know that I have something to fall back on if need be. That is where I will find more comfort..Not in things..It's a whole new way of thinking for me..But in truth, I like it. I feel comfortable with it.

I guess that is it for tonight. It's almost 11:00pm. I have to be to work in the morning. So, it's off to bed for me...
Have a relaxed Sunday!
Sheri

No comments: