Friday, November 7, 2008

Good Morning!
I've been up since 4:45am....I feel asleep on the couch last night around 8:30..lol. Guess things catch up with me. I woke up at midnight and my body was aching from sleeping on the couch. It's comfortable to snuggle on and watch a movie, but it sure isn't good for sleeping. I went to bed.

I had my grandson Mason over last Sunday. We had a nice time. His birthday was Saturday. He is now Five..I took him birthday shopping. He liked that. Then he wanted Mcdonalds. So we stopped there and picked up a happy meal. He ate everything. Chicken nuggets..lol..
We spent alot of time playing together. He just loves it that I will get on the floor with him and play cars. Last week when I was at my cleaning job, they were throwing away a plastic table cloth that had roads and buildings all over it. So, I brought it home and Mason loved it. I put it on the floor and played with the cars. It always amazes me that something so simple can bring so much fun to the life of a child.
I took him home Monday morning.
I am so pleased that his Mom hasn't let the divorce between her Dad and I interfer with my seeing Mason. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't see the kids anymore.

I made a decision a few weeks ago that I hope I don't regret.....I told my nighttime boss that I had to give up one of my cleaning jobs...I know I need the money..But I also need my sanity back. For so long now, I have felt so burned out. I knew that I needed to do something. The bad part about all of it is that I had asked him for this specific job. When I called him to tell him about it, I was really worried about how he would react. He was wonderful. He understood everything I was telling him and couldn't have been nicer. I told him that I needed to find something that gave me day hours. I also need something that gives me insurance. Anyway, he is going to find someone to take that job. I will keep the job at the bank. That is only 12 miles from my house. The other one is 25 miles from home. I was dreading the winter months. Especially if we get hit with as much snow as we had last year..Ugh...So, I figure within a few weeks, he will have someone new.
My friend Larry works at a factory that should have an opening soon. He is going to see about getting me in there. It is a clean factory. And won't be as physically demanding as the cleaning. It's funny because most people think that these cleaning jobs are easy...They aren't..It is very physically demanding. Believe me, I will not miss that part of it.
I had told my boss about this. He asked what I would do if that doesn't work out for me. I said I wasn't quite sure. He asked me if I would be interested in becoming an account manager with his company. I said I would be very interested in that. Mainly because it's a day job. And not physically demanding. I would be in charge of a certain amount of buildings. Making sure that the cleaners are doing what is expected of them. Keeping contact with the building managers. That might take some time. My boss is doing a great job of building his business. But he would need a few more large accounts before he would need another account manager.
So, until one of these things comes to pass, things will be a bit tight around her financially. But I don't care. I needed to make a change. For Me.

Jeremy is doing wonderful with his job. In fact, they are going to be giving him more hours. Maybe more than he is capable of. The head cook quit without notice. Last night, they told him that they would have to increase his hours until they find another cook. We talked about it last night and I told him that if he feels like it is getting to be too much for him, he will need to talk to his boss about it. I'm so darn proud of the way he has handled the responsibility of this job. He steps up to the plate every time they need him to.

I am still smoking. Just not as much. When I was at work last night. I only had three cigarettes. That is pretty good for me. Usually I would smoke at least 10. So, although I haven't had the strength to just quit, I have made an honest effort to slow way down. With the intentions of being a non smoker at some point.

Well, I better hit the road. I have a cleaning job this morning. And I still haven't had my coffee..lol

Hope everyone has a great day!
Sheri

No comments: