Sunday, May 24, 2009


My Sweet Destiny!
It was her turn to spend the night with Abuelita. I picked her up yesterday and took her home about 2:00 today..We (as always) had a nice time.
She is really such a girly girl..LOVES dresses..A few days ago I had picked up the outdoor game- Jarts..So, we took them outside and played while I grilled out brats and chicken..As we were sitting there she says..."Do you like grandpa?"....Hummm..I said yes, I still like grandpa..She then says..Grandpa says that you don't like him anymore....OMG..I was pissed. But I smile and say..I still like grandpa. when you love someone you don't just stop loving them because you don't live together anymore. You can still care for someone...
I don't want her to think that you can loving someone just stops...You know kids. She might end up being afraid that someone will just stop loving her....Ugh Men.
Anyway...I did mention it to my step-daughter..Not to start problems. But so that she has a heads up in case Destiny mentions something to her. I wanted her to know how I handled it..
We finished grilling our food and playing games..Then she decided that she wanted to put lotion on my legs..lol..She told me that I could just sit there and read my book..Which I did...lol
Once the food was done, we brought everything inside and had dinner.
We had stopped at Walmart on the way home to get a few things...Added to the list was school supplies..It's funny because she said the same thing that both of the boys had said..What are school supplies? We got all of the usual things. Pencils, glue sticks, paints, crayons, magic markers and last but not least,,,a Hannah Montana back pack..She is one happy little girl.
At least she has a start on her supplies and that will help her mom not have to worry so much.
In August, all of my grandkids will be in school..I didn't think this day would come so soon.
Mason will start also..I still have to take him school supply shopping. We will probably do that on his next visit here....
Tomorrow I will head to Wisconsin Dells. My daughter and grankids went up today. I have two employees that have to work tomorrow, so I really can't head out of town until I know that they have checked in..They are great employees and would never just not show up..But you never know what is going to happen..
I will head out of town around five am....It will take me about an hour and a half to get there.
We will head over to the town where my mom grew up and go to the cemetery to place flowers.
This is when it gets a little hard for me..Not having a PLACE to go to for my mom..She and my brother had purchased 5 plots at this cemetery..I don't know if he will ever place a headstone there for my mom..He was not the best son. And certainly not the best brother. I have not talked to him since my mom passed away.
After the placing the flowers, we will head back to the Dells and do a few things. It should be a lot of fun hanging out with my daughter and the kids.
Because I am account manager of a couple of buildings that are open seven days a week, it limits what I do on the week-ends. On Friday, I asked my boss if it would be ok if I trained one of my other cleaners for these two jobs. That way, if I want to get away I can. He said that would not be a problem..Yeah.....I have to make a decision on who I would like to train..Then put it into action.
Well, I guess that's about it for now. it is almost 7:00pm....I want to get some stuff ready for my road trip in the morning...
I hope everyone has a chance to just hang out tomorrow and relax.....

No comments: