Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good evening!

I got home from work this morning at 7:30...putzed around for a bit..well, mostly sat on the couch..lol...
I finally took a nice warm bath and went to bed..I woke up at 12:20...It's strange, I always feel like I should wake up refreshed..When I don't, I feel cheated..lol..I made myself get dressed and run a couple of errands. When I got home, I put myself into full drive and really accomplished quit a bit.
I packed my crystal, glasses, lighted wall sconces.. I think I packed up 5 or 6 boxes.
I now have all of the wall hangings off the walls, other than 3 of my larger prints.
I had gotten some spackle to patch up the nail holes.
I also cleaned the oven. I don't use it all that much anyway. So, I figured I would get that nasty job out of the way..I had gotten a can of oven cleaner at the dollar store. I didn't have many expectations for it. But I've got to say, it did a great job.


I have watched everything that I have recorded with the dvr...In a little while, Big Brother will be on. I will watch that and then try to go to sleep..And then the start of a new week begins.
It will be a little easier now that I have Monique trained at the bank...One less thing to worry about..



I don't know if I mentioned it in my last post, but on Tuesday, I will be taking a walk thru the house that I am renting. I know that I have lived there before, but there are a few measurements that I will need to take.

Tomorrow I am calling the mover to get a quote. Hope it isn't too high..It's only a few things. So, it shouldn't be too bad.


I had taken one of my diamond rings in to be resized..I don't know why my rings don't fit me. I haven't really gained any weight..but I have just recently heard that as you get older your fingers get larger...Oh great..lol..I think it might be the knuckles that they were referring too. I didn't hear the whole thing..But since my rings no longer fit, I guess it makes sense..One more step towards new things that come with age...lol..
I get the ring back on Wed..I have two other wedding sets, well actually three if I count my Moms wedding set..I had talked to the jewelry about having the diamonds set in a new setting. The gold settings usually start around $1,500...well, that won't be happening anytime soon..I spent a little time looking thru the jewelry cases. I noticed a necklace with a small diamond.
I asked if I could have the center stone taken from one of my rings and mounted so that I could wear it on a chain. She said that would work. So, when I go back this week, I will take the ring along so that she can give me an estimate on doing that.
It will have to wait awhile before I can afford it, but I think it's a good idea.

When I was married to Jeremys dad, we each had a wedding ring and I also had an anniversary ring..When we split up, I went thru a really bad time and one night I decided that I needed to vent...Well,,,vent I did. I took a hammer and flattened all of the rings. I put them on a chain. NO, I didn't wear them..lol..but I do still have them. I'm going to take them along to sell them for the gold. If I get 25 bucks, I'm ahead..

Guess it's time to say goodnight. Hope everyone has a wonderful week..

No comments: