Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I was supposed to have a new trainee at the restaurant this morning..No such luck..He called yesterday afternoon to say that he was staying with his current job..Darn...
So, I'll be covering this one for a bit..
My granddaughter cleaned by herself for the first time last night. She didn't even take the entire allotted time to do it..
After I worked early this morning, I went to take a look at the bank to make sure she hadn't missed anything..WoW..she did a darn good job. I am really proud of her..The only thing I could find were a couple of fingerprints on the door. Not bad for the first time.
I called her this morning to tell her what a good job she did..She says..."Oh, you went there"? Yes honey, that's MY job..lol...
I have to admit, I was a little worried about her setting the alarm correctly..She did..


When my boss and I were talking about my renting this house, I had also mentioned that it would be a bit more money per month. If I found it to be a bit of a struggle financially, I would take on one of our smaller jobs for the extra money.
He said, well, you are ready for a review....

Yesterday I was at the office for more supplies and he says again, we have to have your review soon...He then proceeds to tell me that as of this paycheck, I will be getting a $125.00 a month raise...I told him thank you, I appreciate it..He said, No, thank you,,you do a fantastic job....wow..That really made my day.
I'm a bit of a worry wart. I always worry that I'm not doing enough or not living up to expectations..
His praise gave me a much needed boost in my self-esteem. And the boost to the paycheck sure doesn't hurt...lol...


I have one hour until I go to look at the house and do some measuring..It's going to feel a little weird to be there again. But not anything that I am worried about.
I so look forward to being in a house again.
I told my boss yesterday how much I have packed already. He asked if I was getting ahead of the game? Oh yes I am. I want things to run a smoothly as possible..Besides the fact that it is already the 11th..The first will be here in no time.
I called the mover today..He wants $90.00 an hour..Ouch..I don't think it will take them more than two hours. Not too bad.


That is about all that's going on here.
I hope everyone has a relaxing evening!

No comments: