Tuesday, September 8, 2009



The new house...

My friend Larry and his girlfriend Melissa..They came over for Labor day...

Monique and Jeremiah Jr. They spent the night and we played a game of Monopoly...JJ won..lol

I haven't gotten any more pictures of the house yet. But will post more when I take them..

I am fairly settled in. believe it or not..I do have 3 or 4 more boxes to empty. I have to arrange the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. But other than that, everything is put away...

I did buy cheap mini blinds to put up. The shades that are already up are pretty old..I got one set of blinds up and decided that I couldn't do anymore until I get my daughters drill..The window casing is so hard, I could hardly get the screws in..One down, five more to do..lol..

I also have to decide on the window treatments for the living room. There are two large picture windows..NO privacy what so ever there...l0l

I love doing laundry..ha-ha...I can actually sort clothes. I can do just a small load if I need to and I can do it when it suits me..Oh the joy of having my own washer and dryer....

I sent out my new address to a few people..One being my ex..He needs it to send my monthly check. I didn't mention to him that it is the same place that we lived in together. He wrote back something about me moving up in the world, with his money..Oh yeah, the $125.oo a month I get from him has made all of the difference in how I can live...lol..then he made a reference to there being another man..as if I have to live in an apartment if I don't have a man to live with..

Things are calming down with work..at least for the time being. We found someone to do the new restaurant account that we got. I hope he works out..I certainly don't want to go back to going to work in the middle of the night..Gosh that took it's toll on my body. lol

My daughter brought our rummage sale stuff out to my garage. We were planning on have our sale this coming week-end..but now they are talking about rain...ugh..not too many days left for things like rummage sales. We'll have to wait till the end of the week to see how that is going to go..

Last Friday, we had to go to my ex mother in laws funeral. She was 96..She looked darned good too. I have not seen my ex for 25 years or so..He is my daughters birth father. Although he only raised her until she was 6..Then he made the decision that she would be better off without him coming in and out of her life...In other words, HE couldn't deal with it so he took the easy way out. Anyway.....I didn't even know him when I saw him. My sister in law had to tell me who he was..Dave is 11 years older than me..so he is 65. Now I knew that he wouldn't look the same. But I never expected him to look OLD...NO, I am not saying 65 is old..Hell, I'm not that far from it myself..lol..but he looked terrible. Far older than his 65 years.. My sister in law had to introduce him to me, my daughter and my granddaughter Monique. He has never seen her. Technically, she is his first grandchild..That's what drugs and alchohol will do to you..He has lost more of life than he will ever know. I'm sorry to say that aside from the abuse he put himself thru it also runs in his family not to stay connected. His mother had over 100 grand and great grandchildren. Of that many, there were maybe 15 at the service. She didn't get to know many of them. Such a waste..

I am by no means a beauty queen. But I don't look too bad for almost 54...lol...so, on a more selfish note, I do have to say. It felt kind of nice to be OKAY... I was 17 when Dave and I started dating..He was not a nice man. I endured phyical and verbal abuse until my daughter was six. That is when I knew I had to get out. I didn't want her to be a witness to that sort of thing. Dave used to say things like..."You stick like glue, you'll never leave".."Who would want you..all you do is sit on your fat ass and let it get fatter"..and many more demoralizing things..No wonder I had weight gain and no self esteem..lol...I didn't go to the funeral to "show" him..I went more for my daughter than anything. But I did have a thought or two about "what comes around, goes around". And although I endured many things, I have a good life. I have children and grandchildren that love me dearly. That is something he will never have because he didn't take the time to invest himself in them when they needed him....

On that note, I think I will close for now..I thought about getting a few things done. but I'll put them off until tomorrow...lol..

No comments: