Saturday, October 10, 2009



Saturday night and no where to go...I guess I'm feeling a little sorry for myself tonight..I don't like to spend too much time doing that..lol..But sometimes it just happens. I don't even know where it comes from..Just sort of comes out of the blue and surprises me. I'll work thru it as I always do..


I accomplished quite a bit today. Cleaned out the van, swept the garage out..I still have all of the leftover things from the rummage sale..On the list for Monday morning, call Purple Heart or Salvation Army and set up a time for them to come and get the stuff.


My friend Randy dropped off a small load of split wood for me. I was going to build a fire tonight but don't seem to have the emotional energy for that.

I am glad to have the wood though. It sure beats paying for the fire logs. They're nice in a pinch, but they aren't cheap.


I was up at 7:00am, Jeremy had not gone to sleep yet. lol..We decided that we would go and do our grocery shopping..It really is a nice time to go..No waiting in lines..lol..

We went to Walmart. I get very frustrated there. I like the fact that I am saving some money by shopping there, but there are alot of things that I can't find there..So, after bringing those groceries home, I then went to Pick n Save to get the last of what I was looking for. Mission accomplished. I made steak fajitas for the first time. Not too bad. I think next time I will make them with chicken.



Well, I'm back..Bet you didn't even know that I was gone..lol..It is now Sunday. I feel a little better today:)
Accomplished plenty today. Worked on my paperwork..what a job that can be. Cleaned the office/guest bedroom..I put a wall hung shelf in the hallway..It looks pretty nice.
I went to Steinhafels and picked up a twin mattress set. It was on sale. Good deal. Now the room is done.

As I'm sitting here watching the shows that I had recorded, I decided to start a fire..That is one of the best advantages of this house. I started it with one of those paper covered logs that you buy at the store. Then I added some of the wood that Randy brought over. I am in heaven.
I have a memory of my Mom being here at this house for Christmas and enjoying the fireplace.
Makes me smile to think of it.

I think I'm going to use the rest of the shredded zucchini in the fridge to make some more bread.
The last batch turned out really good..warm with a little butter..sounds good to me.

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: