Friday, November 27, 2009

Well, here we are. The day after Thanksgiving. The official start of the Christmas season..
I have not done the Black Friday shopping in a few years. I don't have the patience to deal with those types of crowds anymore...lol..

My Thanksgiving was nice. It was just me and Jeremy. I think my daughter was a little miffed that I didn't make a point of coming to her house for a little bit, but I just needed to stay home and get some stuff done.

I made a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and sweet potatoes..and of course we had cranberry sauce..
Just as our dinner was about done, I made the comment that Jeremy should give his grandpa a call to say Happy Thanksgiving..I told him what Grandpa's plans for the day were. Jeremy decided that he would just walk down to the shop to say hi...

Jeremys Grandpa has a flag store that is about 4 blocks from our house. That is where Jeremys Dad lives. They had built a three bedroom apartment above the business.
This is the second Thanksgiving that Jeremys Grandma is not here. So, Jeremys aunt was making a dinner and taking it to the shop. Her brothers were supposed to be there with their families also..well, at the last minute they all decided that they had other plans.
Anyway,,,Jeremy put on his headphones and trekked over there. He saw two of his cousins that he hasn't seen for a few years. Spent some time just talking and hanging around..
By now my dinner was done and on the table...I began to wonder if he was just going to eat with them..lol...
He finally came home and we just reheated our food..
As we sat at the table, I asked him what he was thankful for...
He said that he was thankful to have a mom that was patient with him even though she has a stressful job..(awww)
He is thankful that he lives in a house instead of an apartment.
And he is thankful that he has a job when so many people are losing theirs...
Because Jeremy is not as mature as most young people his age, he can really surprise me with some of his thoughts..This was a time that I was surprised and very proud.

I told him that I too was very thankful for all of our health.
That I too was thankful to be living in a house instead of an apartment. lol
And that I was also thankful to have a job that provides me the opportunity to have and do some of the things that I would not be able to do otherwise.

We had a very nice talk..It was something to be Thankful for.

Throughout the day, I did work on my Christmas tree. I had set most of it up the day before.
It's funny how you automatically recall something about each ornament as you place it on the tree..
I came across two that had Carlos and Sheri written on them...Pulling at my heartstrings, I decided that it was time to put them in the garbage...
It's over and it's been over, but I still found it very hard to throw them away..Then it made me think of the bin downstairs that is full of our wedding stuff..Ugh...I know it's time to get rid of that stuff also...wedding cards, wedding albums, my beautiful bouquet...
As the saying goes.....JUST DO IT!!

On that note, I think I will get moving here and finish the tree...Have a wonderful week!

No comments: