Sunday, December 20, 2009

First of all, I would like to thank each and every one of you that came by with good thoughts and prayers for my ex, Dave.
Thank you Sugar for posting the need for prayers on Call 4 Support. That was so thoughtful. It brings tears to my eyes that so many people that I don't know would come by and offer their comfort. It makes things a little easier to face when you know that there are so many wonderful people thinking of you.
Thank you Linda for the award. I hope to get over by you today to pick it up. Hopefully I will be able to figure out all of the rules to pass it on...lol..


It has been a crazy week..as I know it is for everyone at this time of year.
I have people out of work, one building under construction and had to prepare for Christmas with my step-daughters and three younger grandkids yesterday..

Shannon spent the night at her aunts house last night to take care of Dave. Then this morning she pushed her aunt and uncle out the door to get breakfast..They were so thoughtful they brought a pizza home for her to take home to her kids...

She said that her dad is losing weight each day. He has been bedbound for about three days now.
The last words he has actually spoken were "back off" lol...Guess he didn't like all of them hovering over him..

She said that although he hasn't spoken, he is at times, talking with his eyes..There were a few times that he had tears in his eyes.
Dave is not strong enough to get up..although he has tried a couple of times. Last night Shannon gently tucked the blanket in and he was not strong enough to move it away.

I don't know why hospice hasn't come back on a full time basis. I know that they come when they think the end is very near, but my daughter feels like they should be back. They do come in once a day, except for week-ends. But with him being bedbound, I would think they would feel that he meets the criteria.

I'm going to go over tonight at 5:00..I will stay until 10:00pm..then Ken will take the night shift.

On a lighter note, I did have Christmas with my step-daughters and three younger grandkids.
Cameron, Mason and Destiny. They were very well behaved. Had lots of fun and enjoyed their presents.
I decided to make things easier on myself this year..lol..I bought sliced ham, put it in the slow cooker with some pineapple juice. Had rolls, potato salad, jello, meatballs and little store bought cupcakes...I had the cutout cookies baked but never got around to frosting and decorating them..lol..and guess what? Not one person said, "where are the cutout cookies"...lol...
With all that is going on, I decided that it was more important to enjoy the kids than to worry about what cookies I had on the table..

Randy had dropped off some more firewood for me..so I had a beautiful fire going..
It turned out to be a nice afteronoon..Cameron stayed over...we had a nice night of playing his new "trouble" game..watching a movie in bed and going to sleep early..a very nice ending to a great day..
Now I have to do it all again on Thursday. Shannon and I always celebrate Christmas Eve. If her dad holds on thru Christmas anyway. If not, we'll take it a day at a time.

I guess that's it for now. I'll keep you all posting on how things are going.
Once again, thank you for all of your prayers.

No comments: