Thursday, December 31, 2009




Happy New Year!!!

Wishing all peace, happiness and good health in the new year!!



Today I decided to carry on a short lived tradition...Lobster tail and a small steak..Usually with all the trimmings...salad and baked potato.

I decided that steak and lobster were enough for me...especially since I would be doing the cooking..lol...

It turned out fairly well...The steak could have been cooked a couple of minutes longer and the lobster would have been a bit nicer had I taken the time to put it under the broiler for a minute.

But for the most part, it was a very good meal and I'm glad that I took the time to make it.


I spent some time cleaning today. I have been somewhat neglectful in that respect. Just a lot of clutter sitting around.

I got all of the rooms done except for the dining room..and the end table next to my chair, which is holding a ton of paper work that I need to sort thru.

My original intentions were to get everything done, then eat. I even had thoughts of going out for a while. It is now 8:40pm..don't think I will be heading out tonight. It's cold and I do want to finish my cleaning.


If it's not too cold tomorrow, I would like to take a ride to see Cameron and Destiny. I had told Cameron that I would go sledding with them while they are on vacation. Not sure if it will happen tomorrow though, the temps have dropped pretty low.


I look forward to not having to worry about workers tomorrow night. Ugh....it can frazzle the brain to deal with that 7 nights a week.

Last night, I had thought that I would build a fire...well, good thing I didn't. One of my cleaners called to say she couldn't get the bank door unlocked. So, off I go.. That bank is about 25 miles from my house. My key wouldn't open the door either. That bank happens to have a separate office attached. (which we also clean). We went into that side and went thru the basement to get to the bank side. I stayed and helped her clean and then we locked up together.

We had no problem opening the bank door from the inside. So I don't know what the problem was.

I called the bank manager to find out if they have had any problems with the lock. Of course, the manager was not in. So, I left a message. Hopefully he will get back to me on Monday. It wouldn't surprise me if they changed the lock and forgot about getting us new keys...UGH....



With the help of Shannons aunt and uncle, she was able to get the belongings that her dad wanted the kids to have. Her brother steve helped. They had to go thru two storage units. There wasn't alot. But there was a bin with pictures and paperwork. Shannon did find an 8x10 picture that was taken at school when she was 6. Right before she had her hair cut into a pixie...Oh she had beautiful blond hair that reached her butt.

Steve is going to scan all of the pictures and then all of the kids will have access to the ones that they want copies of..I can't wait to see them. It should be interesting.

There was also a full bin of record albums. Most of them originally belonged to Daves Mom. Polka music. Concertina..There was a Bob Dylan album and an Elvis "45".

The kids aren't interested in them. So, I sent a message to my nephew to see if he wants them. He is in a band and has made a cd of music he has written himself.

He is thrilled to have something musical that belonged to his grandma...


I need to get my butt moving and finish my cleaning,..that or go to bed..lol...


Happy New Year to all..

No comments: