Wednesday, December 9, 2009

There is definitely a winter wonderland outside...
I haven't been walking in it, but I have been out there with the shovel..lol..
It is a heavy wet snow..ugh..backbreaking.. My landlord plows, but they don't do a very good job.
I have a straight driveway and then it turns into the garage. Well, he didn't do any of the turn. Even I know that he could have pulled the snow back away from the garage door and then plowed it onto the grass..No, he didn't do that.
So I had to do it. Yes, I could have gotten out of the garage, but we still have snow coming down and it would have just been worse. Now that I know he isn't going to plow that area, I will have to make sure and not let the snow accumulate too much before Jeremy or I get out there..

Last night I went to sit with my ex so his sister (and my daughter) could have a break.
To be honest, I thought I was going to be keeping her company while her husband was gone.
Next thing I know, my daughter is telling me how to give him his morphine and anxiety pill...
OKAY...
He and I were on our own for about three hours. For the most part, he knows what he is doing. He asked me about my brothers and he hasn't seen them in 30 years..We talked about people we knew when we were married.
He talked about his son Steven, but didn't mention that any of the other kids had come to see him also.
At points I felt somewhat disappointed that he didn't have the common sense to say that he appreciated the time that Shannon is giving to his care...Not one word about it..Now, I know that he is dying and may not be entirely with it..And she is not doing it so that anyone pats her on the back..but I think he should have at least acknowledged the fact that she is doing it.

I had to laugh at the thought that everyone is trusting the ex-wife to administer his meds..LOL..

His sister didn't look overly rested when she came out of her bedroom..I think she would have slept longer, but the phone rang...

When I left the snow was really coming down..oh my gosh..But with the new tires I made it home without any problems...

Well, I think it's time for me to head back outside and shovel..:)
Drive safe and keep warm and toasty....

No comments: