Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Workwise, this has been a great start to the week..I have all of my accounts filled.
The woman that I trained last week should work out fine. She seems like she will be very dependable..and hopefully do a good job..
Getting all of my accounts filled has lifted a heavy burden off of my shoulders..I hope things can run smoothly now...(fingers crossed..lol)

When I was cleaning my van out last week, I lifted a bucket that was heavier than I had anticipated and I pulled something in my back..Oh my gosh, at first I didn't think I was going to be able to move. It was slow going but I finally limped my way into the house...moving my left leg caused the most pain. Whatever I pulled was on my left side..after the first two nights, it started to feel a whole lot better. It isn't totally healed but at least I can move around better and it isn't affecting my sleep...


We have gotten so more bad news...my daughters biological dad had gone into the hospital last week. He was sent home with hospice yesterday..
Long story short...well, as short as I can make it...lol...

I was 3 months from turning 18 when Shannon was born. Her dad was 28. He had a problem with being responsible. He had a problem with alcohol..He had a problem with hitting me...But he loved his daughter...For the first 6 years of her life she had a good relationship with him..When she turned 6, I left him..He in turn decided that she would be better off if he stayed out of her life..The logic of a selfish man..
She saw him maybe 5 times by the time she turned 10..after that, she didn't see him until this past summer when his mom passed away and we went to the funeral. My granddaughter was there also..Monique is his first grandchild and he had never seen her. He hugged each of us and thanked us for coming.

A few weeks later we learned that he had cancer of the esophagus (sp). He also had a bleeder of some sort. They were able to stop that one, but it is unknown if another one will occur. If that happens he will just bleed out and that will be the end.
I had always worried about how Shannon would handle the news that he had died or was dying. She has so many mixed emotions where he is concerned.. Now that time is here.
He has five other kids. Shannon is his youngest. His other kids went to the hospital to see him over the week-end. As it turns out, someone had tried to get ahold of us to have Shannon go also. Shannon talked to Daves sister today. She said that tomorrow would probably be a good day for her to come and see her dad.
I told her that I would drive her there. I don't want her to deal with that sort of thing and then be by herself.
I hope she gets some sort of closure from meeting with him..It will never make up for all of the years that are lost. all of the years that she yearned to have her dad want to be with her. But it might be enough for her to let it go at last...

Well, that's about it for now. I have so much to do..but finding out this news late last night and not sleeping good has not helped me be very productive today.
I hope to get an early start tomorrow and get more done...

Keep warm.....

No comments: