Friday, January 22, 2010

Good morning!

I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee. It's pretty darn good. (making mental note here, I need more coffee creamer)..

I need to learn Spanish. We are getting more Spanish speaking employees.
I trained the new lady the other night. It was difficult to say the least. She is a very pleasant woman and it would have been nice to be able to converse with her.

I do have to say that my true belief is that if you are living in America it is your duty to learn English. But in the meantime, I need to be able to communicate with people.
My daughter does have a couple of the first courses of the Rosetta Stone courses. I think I will give it a try and see if I can get the hang of the language..The Rosetta Stone courses are supposed to be the easiest way to learn. My granddaughter knows a girl from school that learned Portuguese over summer vacation. Of course, it is easier for younger people to learn new languages...lol..Not sure this old mind has room for learning something so complicated..lol...but I'll give it a try.

I have a farm on farmville..I know, I know...pretty silly..but up until this week, I have really enjoyed building it and watching it grow..it was actually relaxing to putz around with it..now? not so much..I don't know if I'm getting bored with it, or I have just been feeling overwhelmed this week..
I'm thinking of taking a break from that..

Yesterday was a busy day. I had a number of accounts to go to and then I had another training session. This guy has been with our company for about a year. He is going to take another account. He will be doing the trash run at one of my buildings. Sounds so simple doesn't it?? Well, because every person does things their own way, it can be more complicated than you would think.
Most of the offices and cubicles have a black trash can and then a blue recycle bin.
Simple! Not...lol..some of them will use the recycle bin for papers that need to be shredded..They will use a box for papers that need to be shredded. I am the account manager, I don't know what each person there has in mind, how am I supposed to train the new person? It SHOULD be as simple as, black bin for garbage and blue recycle bin for recycled papers...ugh...
I decided last night that the new rule is, if there are any papers with names or money amounts on the paperwork, we do not touch it...
I will let the building manager know what my rules on this are going to be..





I am going out this week-end....A band that I enjoy is playing at the bar down the street from my house.. (I can walk there)..
My girlfriend and her daughter will be going with me.
I need to get out of this house, be around people and just enjoy myself.
I am looking forward to going. I'm going to make a point of not getting into any lengthy projects Sat. so I'm not too tired at the end of the day...lol...

I plan on getting rested and rejuvenated:)
I hope everyone has a pleasant week-end. I look forward to hearing about how you spent your time:)

Enjoy!

No comments: