Sunday, July 4, 2010

At the parade..my two stepdaughters, their mom, the boyfriend and my 3 grandkids.




We had a beautiful day today...
We had great food from the grill...Then off to the parade..No ski show..The beach was closed due to high counts of Ecoli..
Then Cameron came home with me. We were pretty tired from all of the heat and sun today..So, we just kind of hung out and watched a movie..Freaky Friday..
About 9:3o, the fireworks started. I noticed that there were some people at the end of my lot..2 adults and 2 kids..Okay, not a huge deal, but don't you think that someone should come to your door and ASK if you mind if they watch the fireworks from your yard??

Well, Cameron and I sat out there on a chair and enjoyed the fireworks..After they were done, the people started to walk right past us as they walked down my driveway.
I decided to say to them that I thought it would have been nice if they had asked me before they came in my yard..
The woman very nastily says, "we know the Neus". ( my landlords)..So I say, I don't care who you know, I pay the rent here. Then her and her husband started saying crap. So I told them that when THEY are the ones paying a thousand dollars a month here, then they can come in the yard..I also told them how rude they are...UGH>>>

My stepdaughters mom was at the festivities today and while we were outside by ourselves she starts telling me that when my ex and I broke up, he started talking to her about dating again...they went out for a fish fry together...but that she wasn't interested in getting back together with him..Hell, they have been divorced since 1995..Then she was telling me that he had cheated on her...and some of her other horror stories..
Lastly she told me that he now has a girlfriend...
I knew the day would come..I'm not jealous. I don't even really know what I'm feeling right now.
I do know that I could never be with someone that mean again.
I'm happy with where I am in my life. I'm happy with how well I am doing financially.
I'm happy with how well my job is going.
But even with all of that. It kind of put a damper on my day hearing that he has a girlfriend..
I certainly don't feel envious..I saw some pictures on my stepdaughters facebook that were taken Memorial Day..One of them had a woman that I did not recognize. At the time, I figured that she might be someone he was dating..mostly due to the fact that she was in Harley clothes..
One thing I did notice was that she didn't look happy. So, I guess some things don't change..

Oh well, all I need is a couple of days and I'll be fine..:)

Hope a Happy Fourth was had by all!

No comments: