Saturday, October 30, 2010

Two days ago, I had all intentions of being able to make a happy entry..
I will have a few exciting things to talk about, but yesterday I heard some news that breaks my heart.

I learned that someone very dear to my heart only has a short time to live. He has pancreatic cancer..
I met Lyle about 14 years ago. I had gotten a job as a bartender here in town. He was already employed there.
We became fast friends..he had, and still has, an awesome sense of humor.
I'm not even sure of his age right now. I would say somewhere in his late 70s..Maybe even 80..

He lives with his longtime girlfriend Sandy. I cleaned for them for a few years. Lyle would usually be home when I got there. So, of course, we would spend some time chatting.
Since the time I stopped working for them, I only see Lyle when I run into him out and about town... The time span doesn't matter. We have a mutual love and respect for each other.
I want to call him to let him know that I'm thinking of him and to offer any help I can.
Because we have never had the type of relationship that entails calling each other, will it be awkward for me to make that call? It doesn't matter, I wouldn't feel right it I didn't call..
Please say a prayer that whatever time Lyle has left be as pain free as possible.

I'll make an entry in the next couple of days about the things that I was going to write about..

No comments: