Thursday, November 11, 2010

I don't seem to have much motivation this morning..
My birthday was on Tuesday...55...it just doesn't seem possible...lol..how did that happen and where did the time go??

How is it that when I look in the mirror, I don't think I look bad for my "age"..but when I see a picture, I cringe..
I have found some people on facebook that I haven't seen for years...and a few of them look OLD....So, of course, I know that they must be thinking the same thing about me..SHE GOT OLD....lol....

I try not to worry about it too much..it is what it is..
All in all, it was a nice birthday..My bosses wife got me a small cake, a plant and a nice card. My daughter took me out to breakfast..My girlfriend took me out for lunch the day after and my grandson made me a beautiful card...That was the best.. And then of course, there is the trip to Vegas in three days...Can't wait for that...

My brothers birthday is the day before mine. I called him and he actually answered..I haven't talked to him in a year or so..He has some psychological problems..It's sad. He is a good person. When he's not doing drugs or drinking. I won't deal with him when he has been doing either. He doesn't have anyone other than me. Due to his issues..so, I feel bad, but I can't help him.
He is two years older than me. He told me that he has had three small heart attacks.
And a blocked artery..So, who knows what his future will be.
I noticed this morning that he called me at 2 am this morning...That is what I mean about his issues..why would he think that it's ok to call at 2 in the morning?

My granddaughter was accepted into another college.. One of the local ones UWM..
Although it is not one of her top picks, she was excited to be accepted..She probably won't hear from Loyola until the end of the month....

People are laughing at me because I put my tree up already...tradition for me is to put it up on Thanksgiving day...Well, that was when I was married and my husband did the cooking and I did the tree...lol...So, now I must improvise...and with my schedule, I need to get things done when I can..
When I get back from my trip, I will start going thru the bins in the basement and making decisions on which decorations I will be using. Then on Thanksgiving I will be prepared for getting the tree done without all of the work that goes with the job..

My suitcase is packed....On takeoff day, Monday, all I will have to do is drop my van off at the shop and nothing more..I will be able to relax until it's time to go to the airport..

My daughter is trying to map out our day trip to the Grand Canyon. It is looking like it will take closer to three hours to get there rather than the two she thought. That's ok.
It will be a nice road trip for us. With a stop on the way to see the Hoover Damn...

Work has been extra busy..training new people..I train two people tonight..Not looking forward to that...lol...

It is a beautiful sunny day out though and that is a good thing..Always makes a person feel a little better..
On that note, I better get moving here...

No comments: