Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!
I have so many things to be thankful for...First and foremost would be my kids and my grandkids. I can't think of anything that would come before them..
Next, I am thankful for my health..
I'm thankful that I have a job that allows me to pay my bills and leaves a little left over for fun stuff....lol...

Okay...now I'll tell you about my trip to VEGAS...well, they don't call it lost wages for nothing.lol.
No, I was not a winner in the end..Oh, but I had soooo much fun trying..lol..
The hotel that we stayed at was also kid friendly..They have a bowling alley, a movie theater and an arcade..Mostly the kids were with us out and about but they did find some time to go to the arcade for a while..
We went to see the Hoover Dam...Oh my gosh, I was amazed at how beautiful it was..
We took a ton of pictures. After spending time there we went to the Grand Canyon..Fantastic..
It was just awesome..we took a ton of pictures there also...We did a lot of walking and even a little climbing..Talked to one of the security guards for a bit..It's one of those things that you just can't do justice with words or pictures..You really do have to see it for yourself...
My granddaughter got her first tattoo....All three of us girls did..matching tattoos...three small stars in a triangle pattern..One star for each of us:) It actually didn't hurt too bad this time..lol...
It was an awesome trip..not nearly long enough...lol...Can't wait to go somewhere again..

So, last night I was on the computer messing around on face book...looking up names of people that I grew up with....I found someone that grew up on the same block as me. I was always hanging out at his parents house with his sister...
I also always had a crush on him:)...I think he's probably about 4 years older than me..
Well, I decided that I would send him a note..and to my surprise he answered today..giving me his e-mail address and saying he would love to catch up....lol...
I had told him that when I saw his picture, the first thing that came to mind was that he looked just the same..Okay, maybe a few years older, but I could still see that handsome young man in those pretty blue eyes....
If nothing else, it could be an interesting journey....

Tomorrow I will go to my daughters house for some games with the kids and dinner.
She is making a turkey and all the trimmings.
I'm making a ham and I "bought" pumpkin pies..I couldn't help myself..I just don't have the energy to make my own..
I'm going to sleep until I wake up on my own in the morning...I don't have any late night workers checking in...AMEN.....

Guess that's it for right now...
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Have fun, drive safe if you're traveling....

No comments: