Sunday, January 9, 2011

Today marks the 4th anniversary of my Moms passing..
For some reason, I have been more emotional this year than in the past..I had always thought in terms of time easing the hurt..guess it doesn't always work that way..
I was so very blessed to have the Mom that I did..it didn't matter that we were poor and she could never do all for us that she would have liked too..she was my Best friend!
I knew what was in her heart..her children..I knew the hurt she felt because she thought she hadn't done enough, couldn't give us enough....
I always told her and showed her that she had given far more than material things..she gave of herself..her door and her heart was always open to her kids..
I couldn't have had a better Mom..and I miss her....
I just tried scanning one of her pictures to my computer, but it didn't work.
I will have to get some pictures transferred somehow...
I've had a good cry and feel somewhat better...maybe that's what I needed all along. A few moments of mourning...I do try to honor my Moms memory by talking about the good times. The times we spent laughing or being silly...
January 16th is her birthday...one more anniversary to make it through...lol..I know I'll be okay. I have my Mom as my guardian angel:)

No comments: