Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY...SUPER BOWL.....

I sure hope that we walk away with the title....

GO PACK GO!!!

My granddaughter just got another acceptance offer from a college here in town..Marquette..
They also offered her a scholarship for $11,200.00 a year for four years...
Now that all of the acceptance letters are in, she will FINALLY have to make a decision..I know it's been hard on her but she has to do it at some point.

My daughter isn't overly happy..she so wanted to move to a warmer state. Whether it be Arizona or Las Vegas didn't matter..
Now she will stay here in Wisconsin for at least another year so that my grandson can graduate next year..

He plans on joining the army..he wants to be a combat engineer..Although I'm proud of him, I almost wish he would choose something else..He's already taking classes in school that will count as college credits...both of the kids have taken advanced classes for some time now...

We got socked with a blizzard on the 2nd..it was VERY nasty..to the point that my boss called most of our clients to tell them that we most likely would not make it in...
I waited until 10 that night to call the restaurants..can you believe that one of the managers had the nerve to say"what are WE supposed to do"? She's lucky that I am not the boss of this company because I would have told her that SHE could put herself in danger and clean the place herself...Rude Bitch...
The next day almost everything was closed...I got a snow day...lol...it was great, I got to work on my pile of papers that was waiting for me..

My step-daughter sent me one of Camerons school projects.
It started out,,My favorite Christmas memory is--going outside. I go outside with my Abolita. Most people think she's grandma in espanyol. She lets me choose a present on Christmas. I picked out a star wars the clone wars gun. I say a electronic motorcycle. She bought me a shirt too!! I had a lot of fun...

Now let me say that my first reaction was to cry...lol...
Then I was just proud...of Cameron and myself..(don't want to sound conceited here)..I have always said that I want the kids to have special memories..and that is exactly what is happening..
The one time I took him out sledding was Last winter..I had gone to their house and it was freezing out..I took hot chocolate in a thermos..the snow was frozen and to hard to enjoy..but it turns out that this was one of his favorite memories...And it didn't cost me a darned thing except gas to get there....Time is what these kids really want from us...and that is one thing I can always give them...
I make the time..
Like tonight. Destiny is going to spend the night..We will do girly things and snuggle at bedtime.
And again, it won't cost me a thing...
That is one of the sad things about my divorce from their grandpa, I have to really work the time in because I work more than I did when we were together...But that letter of Camerons lets me know that it's well worth it:)

My daughter and I went to the Y today..We only walked on the treadmills for about 25 minutes. But that is more exercise than I have had in a long time..We want to start taking Zumba classes.
That's really a workout..but it must be done..because believe it or not, summer is on it's way...

Gotta run..couple of things to do before my little beauty queen gets here:)

GO PACK GO!!!!

No comments: