Monday, March 28, 2011

I was so happy to see Monday come...lol..not many people feel that way because it means heading back to work and the grind of the week..
For me it means getting back to 'my' normal..lol.. I had to work at one of the restaurants this week-end..I had trained a gentleman for cleaning it only on the week-ends..It appeared that he wanted the job. I didn't have an extra key to give him so we were supposed to meet Saturday morning at 3:00am..I would then give him the key and the alarm code..Also, he was supposed to be at the office on Thursday to finish his paperwork..He never showed up and never called..
I held out hope that he would still show up...NO...oh well, we do have a few other applicants to work with..It just means that I will have to train again next week-end...

I have been doing this early morning shift for almost a month now..and it plays havoc with my schedule..
I haven't been able to get my younger grandkids...

Even with the strange hours, I was able to accomplish a few things this week-end..
We had water in the basement from last weeks big rain..I didn't have the energy to deal with it then, but I did check it out yesterday..it didn't go all the way into my storage locker..and most of my things are in plastic bins..only my small tree was in a cardboard box on the floor..I took it out of the box and put it in a Christmas tree plastic bag..So, all is well...

I finally got to my ironing...that was major..lol..I had about ten pieces to do..my girlfriend can't believe that I iron some things...

I haven't heard anything from the new guy since late Saturday night..and that was still only e-mail jokes back and forth..
That's fine with me..I never did see anything permanent there anyway..and I had decided that if he was interested he would have to make the first move..

I went out with my friends for a while late Saturday afternoon..
Sunday my friends Joe and lisa and I went for a brunch..We had been there once before..It's a nice place..leans more towards being fancy than casual..
It's only 17.00..plus 2.50 for coffee..which I find odd...
The food is very good..and the view is fantastic..it's right on a lake..I can't wait until it thaws..it should be beautiful....

Now for this week, things should calm down..I will have more training on the week-end, and then next week I'll have to train at a bank..but for now, I'm back to my regular schedule and I'm loving it...
I was so down Saturday and Sunday that I even gave thought to quitting this job..it wears on you..the hours and some of the people...
Some people just refuse to take direction. Even when it is proposed to them in a pleasant way..
I would never have thought to talk to my manager the way some of them do...Oh well, I feel better today:)

Hope everyone has a great week:)
Sheri

No comments: