Friday, March 11, 2011

This is the gentleman from channel 12 that came to interview my nephew Jason..He sure was a cutie:)
The deer in my sister-in-laws yard. Lake view..
This is the house we lived in on the same lake that my sil now lives on. My daughter was five years old..This was the first time she has been back to Eagle River since she was 6..

Last Friday my daughter and I went to Eagle River..It's about 250 miles from my house..
About 45 miles from our destination my brakes started making a horrendous noise..so I babied it to her house and left it sit for the week-end..
We had a wonderful time..I haven't laughed so hard in a long time..

Originally, I was a little afraid to make the trip as it involves going right past the house my ex and I put up there...I did not want to do that...I made a last minute change in the route and bypassed it completely without going out of my way..

Anyway, we had so much fun.
My nephew was there for the week-end to play at a bar..and the second night he played at a benefit for homeless vets..
He works with an organization that helps them get into housing. He also helps with a food pantry.
I'm so proud of him.
He spent 11 months in Iraq..and now deals with post traumatic stress syndrome.
On Saturday, he was interviewed by channel 12 news about his Homeless Vets Initiative.
I haven't seen it yet..we thought that they were going to fix the error they made about his time in Iraq..they said 10 years..he was in the national guard for ten years and Iraq 11 months.
anyway, it was very interesting...

I had already written a post about all that we did, but it is now lost in cyber space and I am so tired right now that I don't have the energy to re-write it all...

The day after I go home from the trip, I had to go clean one of our restaurants because my cleaner was a no call no show....
Needless to say, he was fired..and now I am cleaning it..getting up at 2 am and getting home about 6 am...Today I stayed up because my breaks were making noise AGAIN...I had to take it in..they said that a piece of hardware had come loose...great...
Now I'm back in business..they fixed it..

I then went to the store with my daughter to find a birthday gift for my sweet Cameron. He turned 8 on March 6th and tomorrow is his party...
I didn't get his gift, but I did get a 32 inch tv for my living room...lol...It is now up and running and I am LOVING it...
So, now I will go to sleep for a bit and then head out to work for a few hours...

Hope everyone has a wonderful week-end!!

No comments: