Saturday, May 7, 2011

This will be my 4th Mothers Day without my Mom...I do the one thing that would mean the most to her..
I make the 130 mile trip to her hometown and put new flower arrangements on the graves.
She always wanted to have this done by Memorial Day...

My daughter and grandson Paris went with me..we walked the cemetery and looked for names of family that I have discovered doing my ancestry research..

We went past my grandma's farm and I didn't even have the heart to take a picture of it..The house I'm sure will not make it for many more years..it looks like it will crumble down at any minute..And there are still people living there...

I'm glad that my Mom never saw the house in such disrepair...

Every year we also stop by the school yard and spend a few minutes on the swings...lol...I went to that school for a few months when I was in 2nd grade..I didn't realize it at the time, but my Mom was dealing with cervical cancer..which, thanks to God, she over came.

We then went to Wisconsin Dells...tourist capital of Wisconsin..lol...My grandma worked in the Dells for years..it is such a part of my childhood...we checked out a few camp sites and then went to get some fudge..(a very small slice)...and then a late lunch...

We laughed so much and so hard today....I know this day was the best way I could EVER have celebrated my Mom....

I miss her so much..but I'm also at peace with where she is:) Loving God and being with the children she lost and missed so very much...

Happy Mothers Day to all of you wonderful Moms...

I love you Mom...

No comments: