Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wisconsin Dells Trip!!

Cameron and Destiny in the pool...
Playing on the porch of our cabin...
Me and Destiny...

We had a nice time on the trip to the Dells...It rained on and off on Saturday..happens every time I go away for a week-end..lol...

We did get some swimming in..it was a bit cooler and once in a while we had a mild rain..but as I told the kids, there wasn't any thunder or lightening so we were good to go..
We spent some time in town looking for souvenirs for the kids..Cameron picked a rubber ball that had his name on it and lights in it..Destiny picked a pretty necklace with her name on it..

We spent some time in the arcade located on the campgrounds..We ALL had a blast...We ended up with 569 tickets..so we were able to gets lots of with them when we were done..

I do have to say that I would think twice about taking both of the kids anywhere at the same time...they just bicker and fight and tattle on each other WAY too much...I don't want to spend all of my time correcting them or handing out punishments..
It was far easier when I just had Destiny with me on the last trip...Not one issue with her..
I have a picture of both of the kids on this trip when they had gotten out of hand with the attitudes and then they couldn't golf with the rest of us...

We did get to ride the go-carts..that was fun..and cheap..3 dollars for each of the adults and the kids were free...they loved that..although Cameron got a little scared when our car hit the wall a bit..lol....

Saturday night we went out to dinner at one of the nicer restaurants..the food was great and the prices weren't too bad..The kids certainly need the experience of going somewhere other than McDonalds...lol...

We also went out for breakfast Sunday morning..both times out, I had the little ones order their own food..they did a good job..

It was a nice trip..but even Paris was done with listening to them bicker..lol...
I needed a vacation from my three day vacation....

On the job front...things are much better..The new girl came back on a limited basis..she is on light duty..probably three weeks left to go on that..
She can do every thing except cover a job if someone doesn't show up..and that hasn't happened so I have been able to sleep the night through since Tuesday night..I am loving it...I feel so much better:)
I'm getting so much more done..at home and on the job..

Today will be a busy one...Monique moves her stuff into her dorm...she doesn't officially move in until Wednesday...but has early move in for her belongings...
Her roommate will be coming from Chicago with her stuff...hopefully they will get along well..so far they have spent time getting to know each other via facebook...

My daughter is have a REALLY hard time having her firstborn leave her..lol...she will on be 6 or 9 miles away...Ha-ha...but they did so much together..shopping, going out to eat...etc...stuff that the boys don't want to do..I told her she will save a ton of money...

Watch out Marquette University, here comes Monique..

Hope everyone has a great day...

No comments: