Friday, October 7, 2011

Monique in her dorm room..I wasn't sure if I posted any pictures of her move in day, so I thought I would post at least one of them:)
Go Marquette!!
She is finding it very interesting to have a room mate..lol...My daughter struggles to pay tuition and get Monique some extra's...such as some of the goodies that she likes..she took a stack of disposable bowls, spoons and cereal and some munchies for BOTH of the girls to enjoy...
Moniques room mate comes from Chicago where both of her parents are engineers..They put $100.00 on account for their daughter to use as she needs...the girl brags that she has only used $20.00 of it...
Well, The girls parents sent her some organic apples and she told Monique that they are her favorite and she didn't want her to eat any...THAT did not go over well...lol...
They ran out of milk and this girl won't even buy that...
Anyway, Monique is sure getting a taste of how different people can be..She is a giver...Even if someone else is eating up all of her favorite munchies...lol...

Tomorrow my daughter Shannon, Monique, her boyfriend Brian and I are heading to Chicago for the day...
My nephew Jason is in a documentary that was produced by a french director...It's about post traumatic stress syndrome..which my nephew has..
It is in Chicago's 47th film festival...
This film will break your heart..it will also allow you an inside view of what war does to some people...
If it comes to your area, PLEASE go and see it...

We are going to go down early so we can take the water taxi to Chinatown..do some shopping and go out for lunch...
It's supposed to be in the high 70s low 80s...PERFECT for a day out and about town...

Work has been calm..I'm loving it..I do have to replace one of my workers, so next week I will have to do some training..but for the most part...it's okay:)

I painted my hallway...as little as it is..I used the left over paint from when I did my bathroom..
It's a fairly dark green..but I like it..
Next I have to work on getting my living room and kitchen painted..I'll probably go with a very neutral color..I really would like to do something like a darker gold..something like you would find in the Caribbean culture, but I think that would be a bit much for an apartment..lol...

I'm still having a problem with Carlos' daughter returning my calls and texts about getting Mason..I sure don't know what the problem is there...It's really too bad because Mason is the one to miss out on doing some of the things that I'm doing with the other grandkids...
But I can't fight this one for too much longer...

Well, that's about it for now...as warm as it is today, I stuck a sheet of chicken thighs in the oven with some barbecue sauce on them..it's smelling pretty good in here...I better check them..

Have a great week-end:)

No comments: