Saturday, November 26, 2011

I still haven't put the ornaments on my tree...although I do have to say that at night it is not noticeable at all..lol...

Early this morning, I did do three loads of laundry...other than that, I have done NOTHING...lol..feeling a little guilty about that but it was just one of those days..

I guess I'm feeling down because my daughter and I had a disagreement yesterday.
We had done some Black Friday shopping with my granddaughter. At one point, I went a separate way from them.. (at the mall)..fully expecting that I would get back by them before they were done...
Well, somehow we didn't find each other in the mall, and my fault, I didn't have my phone with me..so they couldn't contact me that way.
Long story short. it was about 45 minutes before I found them in the car..and my daughter was angry...She starts yelling at me...Yes, yelling at me...I certainly didn't raise her to think that was appropriate behavior, but for some reason, she thinks she has the right to speak her mind as loudly as she wants too...Well, we got back to her house and I had my granddaughter run in and get my phone and keys..
We have exchanged a couple of e-mails but neither one of us is willing to back down completely...I apologized for putting them through the worry of not knowing where I was...but because I also told her that she still had no right to talk to me that way, she didn't really accept my apology...OH well...

I feel terrible that we aren't talking, but on the other hand, I am not going to be talked to in that way by her or anybody else..
I would NEVER have talked (yelled) to my Mom that way...and I expect the same..
So, it could be a very different type of Holiday this year...

Tomorrow I'm going to go to a couple of my buildings..just to get a jump on next week..
My girlfriends daughter is her from Texas with her new baby..She was supposed to go home today and then come back at Christmas, but that all changed and she decided to stay and do Christmas early..
We're going to have a girls get together to exchange presents while she is here so everyone can meet the baby...

Well, I guess that's it for now..I picked up Masons presents this week, so I'm going to get them wrapped...My living room is getting a bit crowded..lol..

Until later.....

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Praying it all passes over soon!! I know what you mean.....I wouldn't want to be talked to like that either.

Sonya said...

Sorry about the mall trouble. Hopefully she will understand that you did not realize you'd be separated that easily. But yeah, don't accept being talked to that way. It's hurtful to be disrespected. Hopefully all will iron out soon. Our family did some Old Navy shopping at midnight and then a 2:00 a.m. cheeseburger at Steak and Shake. lol Coming to your blog from Hollie's.

Lucy said...

Why do daughters and mothers have these problems. My daughter gave me the silent treatment for 2 months. Just because I told her that she might want to plan on getting up to see her brother soon because he was failing fast. I knew Alan was failing much faster than anticipated. I was in his apartment more than home. I did not trust his first care giver. We had hospice since he wanted to be in his own apartment. I was still working. I,at times feel like it was yesterday but it has been 19 years. We have never had a disagreement like that since, and in a round about way, she has done all she could to show me she is sorry for the silent treatment.