Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm finally finding the time and energy to do an entry..Some days, I have all intentions of blogging and then all I do is read others...lol...

I'm back on the dreaded night shift again...yes, you heard me right..The new girl didn't even last a full month..Not that I'm surprised..lol..She lied about numerous things..didn't get to jobs when she knew that they needed supplies..and didn't go to clean a building one night when she knew the guy wasn't going to be there...

So, now I'm back in the saddle..and NOT liking it.. I fired one young man last night..it's a shame..he was always on time, showed up every night but for some reason, would not follow direction and left numerous things undone...
It was to the point that I had to go there each morning to check the building and pick up the slack. I don't have time for that..
Tonight I will be training the new guy..He already works at one of the bars on the week-end, so at least he knows how we do it..it's just a different layout..Hopefully this will solve the problem..

On Saturday night I had the little ones over to celebrate Christmas, along with my friends Joe and Lisa..we had a very nice time..The kids were very well behaved and enjoyed their gifts..
We ordered pizza for dinner..lol..I'm all about making things as easy as I can..

Christmas Eve, I will go to my daughters house..We are making things as easy and stress free as possible..ham and rolls, boiled shrimp (my moms favorite Christmas Eve treat) and munchies..
I have made a few batches of cookies..I need to make one more batch of peanut butter cookies for my (ex) father in law..they are his favorite:)

I was up at 4:00am and now when I look at the clock, I can't believe it's only 5:30pm..lol..I thought it was at least 7...
I'll go to bed early tonight so I can get up at 1:45am...
to be honest, I could go to sleep right now..but then I wouldn't be able to sleep when I need to..lol..

I gave my boss and his wife and little boy their presents already..It is HARD buying for them..but I did find a few things and a couple of treats along with a plate of homemade cookies..

They gave me a $1,500.00 bonus..I was totally shocked...I will have to have taxes taken out, but even at that, it was FAR more than I had anticipated for sure...
It was nice to see that he really has appreciated all of my extra work:)

On that note, it's time for me to get a few things done before I go to sleep..

4 comments:

Lucy said...

That makes your dedication worth while. It is not easy work. I hope you can get someone trained that you can rely on. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Lucy said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year.

Hollie said...

Merry Christmas my friend! Sorry about things on the job front. Praying it works out soon. Congrats on the bonus! Sounds like a good Christmas!

Lucy said...

I like your new background. once started it is hard to just stay with a PLAIN BLOG.