Sunday, January 22, 2012

I am just about ready for my vacation..clothes are packed, items bought, house cleaned, and work matters taken care of..(almost)..lol..

On Friday, I was supposed to train at two different banks and cover another one for someone out sick..
It had been snowing most of the day..and although it has not accumulated to a severe amount, I knew it was slippery. I had to meet the first trainee at 6:00pm..I would normally leave my house at 5:15 to be there in time. Because of the snow I decided that I would leave at 3:00..I could at least get to the south side of town before rush hour traffic got too bad..
Well, ten minutes into a slow crawl on the freeway, my van started to slip a little so I took my foot off of the accelerator and lightly touched the brakes..it straightened out and I glanced in my mirror...CRAP.. I could see the guy behind me lose it and knew he was going to hit me...YEP he did...
We pulled over..thankfully no one was hurt...
He had to get a tow truck..I called my bosses wife to tell her about the accident..and I admit, I did go into a bit of a rant about trying to be out on the roads in those conditions..I told her to call the woman that I was supposed to meet and tell her not to come..(She never called the woman..it took the woman two hours on the bus to get there..she was not happy)..
I called my boss and told him I could drive the van home..The bumper, tailgate, tire holder and exhaust is messed up..and who knows what else...
I dropped the van off yesterday and picked up one of the other vehicles so I could do the three banks that had not gotten cleaned..
I did have my grandson Paris help me with the one closest to his house..Something I'm not supposed to do because he is not an employee..well, guess what? I don't care..lol..Because of his help with that one, it only took an hour and that was a GREAT help to me..
Today I did some errands and at 3:00 I am going to drop this vehicle off at the shop and then I will officially be on VACATION....lol...I am one happy camper, I'll tell you.
Tomorrow can't come fast enough for me:)

This last week has only enforced how much I need a new job..
Gary has taken over checking in the restaurant people..but he STILL calls me in the middle of the night with problems..so really, what is the sense of having him do that job? My boss hasn't said one more thing about finding someone for the late night position, so I guess he really doesn't have a lot of concern for me...It's too bad but that's the way it is..

I am shooting for finding something new by spring..summer at the latest...Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer please!!

Well, that's it for news from my slice of the world...I don't know if I'll be able to get on the computer while I'm gone...but rest assured, I will have plenty of pictures when I return...lol...

Have a great week!!

3 comments:

Hollie said...

So sorry about the accident, but so thankful you are okay!!! Enjoy your vacation! You deserve it!! Praying!!

Lucy said...

Bummer about thee accident. Enjoy your vacation and things may not look so bleak. Believe me I know what it is like when you just are so frustrated. We are supposed to get rain, sleet and snow.

Lucy said...

Was surprised to hear from you. Thought you were on vacation. When you get back you will have to fill us all in.