Friday, June 1, 2012

Bella....She LOVES her marshmallows TOASTED..lol..
Paris, Kayla, Kiera, and Shannon...
Our wonderful fire side chat...

Our dinner at "Famous Dave's"...Yummy...

We had a great time in the Dells...We had a ton of rain..We got up there Friday afternoon. We had everything pretty well set up in a short time.
The one problem we ran into was that the poles for our tent were in Brian's car..lol..so we had to wait until about 7:00pm for them to get there to finish setting up..

My daughter had just gotten a screen tent and I'll tell you, without that we would have had to stay in our tents a good portion of the time..At least with the screen tent, we could all hang out together..

We went on the Ducks..lol..the land and water vehicle..the kids liked that..Bella wasn't too sure of it at first, but in the end she was excited too..At these places they always want to do a picture..so we posed for that and after the tour we took a look at it and decided that we would buy it..it was only 20 dollars. we got two 5x7's 4 wallets and a key chain..Not a bad price for sure...

We have decided that if we're going to keep camping like this, we definitely need to get a trailer..We ALWAYS run out of room..and it makes packing the car up way to stressful..

The pool at our campground was heavenly..A few of us got Really sunburned..not a lot of fun..but we should all know better by now..lol..

Do to the nasty rain, we did take advantage of our free passes to the indoor water park..Thank goodness for that..On the day that the sun was shinning brightly we took advantage of the outdoor water park.. I had never been to that one and really liked the fact that they had an outdoor grass hut bar..lol..Yes, Nickie and I did have a pina colada..Yum yum...

My daughter took us out for dinner at Famous Dave's..Oh my gosh, it was so good. The kids were VERY well behaved and everyone ate all of their food...Shannon and I shared a veggie burger...it was really good..
Paris had the hot wings...lol..he couldn't finish them..they were SO hot..
But he gave it a good try and finished all but two..

The main reason for this trip was to celebrate Paris's 15th birthday..We made a Walmart run and picked up cupcakes..I had brought along candles..NOT trick candles..lol..we did that to him last year and specifically asked us not to do that to him again..I was tempted..lol..

These kids all love camping..and I'll tell you, they did a great job of helping us getting things packed up to leave. With that kind of help, I wouldn't hesitate taking them again...
And by the way...Kayla makes a perfect roasted marshmallow..lol..we kind of put her in charge of that..

Shannon, Kayla and I went to Oxford to the cemetery to place flowers..
We stopped at the Lake where I placed some of my Moms ashes last year..Such a peaceful place..

We also went past my grandma's old farm..Oh that place is barely standing. I certainly don't know how people are still living there..So sad to see her home in that shape..I know how hard it is going to be when we go there and the house is gone..I don't think it will be too long before that happens..

Today is Destiny's 8th birthday..She had school today and then I had to work, so I'm going to pick her up Sunday for a little shopping trip and lunch..Can't believe how darned big these kids are getting..Makes me proud of who they are becoming and sad to see the end of them being my little snuggle bugs..

Well, that's it for news...hope you all have a great week-end:)


4 comments:

Lucy said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Of course it rained. We used to camp out and most of the time we got some rain.

Hollie said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! We used to amp every weekend when I was a kid! It was so much fun. I have slept on the ground, in chairs, on the back of trucks, tents and etc. I don't think I could do that now. LOL

Lucy said...

Cute baby.

Lucy said...

I hope it has cooled off for you. Not yet, for us but supposed to tomorrow. Our summmer is here almost but it has been hot for a good share of spring.