Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's taken me a little more time than I thought it would to post an entry:)

The new job did not work out for me:( It was more than one thing that led to the demise..lol...First of all, I do not have prescription glasses. I have glasses from the dollar store..lol...Now, I will say that for the most part and until now, I was doing fine with these..Not so much for the new job...I really needed a good pair of glasses..A lot of the work was very detailed..

The second thing that happened was that the lead I was working well with went on vacation for 3 or 4 days..The person that took over for her was not very willing to work with me to get through things..
I had two days of her picking apart my work and to be honest I just couldn't take it anymore..
We had to work on Saturday morning..I went there with a good attitude. When I got there, I told her that I knew I was having a difficult time seeing some of the lines..I also asked that she bear with me and I would see if I could get into see someone about glasses that afternoon..
I tried my best and it wasn't good enough.
The final straw was when I started to notice that I was the only one that was being held to the highest of standards..ugh...
We were supposed to work until noon and at 11:45 I told her that I didn't feel well and I was leaving.

Monday morning I called the employment agency and left a message saying that I wasn't going back to that particular job..

I talked to my boss at the cleaning company and he has a lot of fill in work for me this coming week..He's been a life saver for sure:)
He also said he would be needing another account manager soon..I gave it some thought, but I can't..that position was killing me and I can't see going back to it.
I'll try to tough it out for a bit and see what happens..if I can't come up with something, I may have to reconsider it:)

Saturday my daughter, Paris and I went camping in the Dells..We didn't spend much because we are getting our money together for San Diego, but we had a wonderful time..at least Saturday we did..lol..We got our camp set up.
We went into town for a bit..got a quick burger and then walmart..lol We always end up there...I bought a four pack of wine coolers, she got a six pack of beer and some soda..we got already made fried chicken and then we went back to the campground..We had a blast in the pool..lots of good exercise..
We sat around our camp fire until 11:30 and then went to bed..we were in there about 20 minutes and the rain started..lol...it rained all night and all day today..Take my word for it, it is NOT fun breaking down camp in the rain...But we didn't let it get us down..
Last night was a perfect night..Not too hot, no bugs (well, not many) and a couple of beers..lol...

I washed a load of clothes and towels when I got home..my car is a mess from all of the sand but it will have to wait until tomorrow to get cleaned..and then we have to get the tent dried out and packed away.

Shannon had a letter from JJ when we got home..He is finally realizing that his girlfriend is not going to be coming to his graduation..I feel so bad for him..but she would have been a pain in the ass to bring along. I hope that he doesn't try to get married on his 10 day leave..Please pray!
I want him to do what he needs to do for his future and career..and that means NOT getting married at this point..

Well, guess that's about it for now:) Have a great week...

No comments: