Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

We had plenty of the "white" stuff fall last night..We had had a record of 280 some days without it..lol..and now we are getting all kinds of it...
It started last night while I was at work..thankfully only shortly before it was time to leave..I stopped at Walmart on my way home so I wouldn't have to worry about going out today..there were quite a few people there.
As I was heading south on the highway, the snow was changing to rain. I drove in that for about 8 miles and then it turned to snow again..lol..I was glad that I had gotten a few groceries..
School is closed today because another storm system is heading our way this afternoon..Which means, I don't have to work tonight..Yay...(I know I need the money and next week when the paycheck comes I'll feel it) but it sure feels darned nice knowing that I don't have to go out into nasty weather. Especially at night..
Tomorrow night will be my last night there..Then the day after Christmas I start my new job:) Can't wait to be working the day shift...

Today I've made chicken noodle soup..cleaned the stove..put bows on the presents and next I'm going to make another batch of cookies and get things dusted..that should do it..Tomorrow morning I have my cleaning job..I bought them a couple of cute gifts..they've been so good to me:) She always gives me a $70.00 bonus:)  I know I shouldn't count on that but I am..lol..I really need it to get me thru the next few days of last minute things I need when having the 4 younger grandkids over...
I didn't expect to have the baby, so that should REALLY be interesting..lol..
I'll take lots of pictures..she looks just like a baby doll..so tiny and a TON of hair..

Hope everyone is having a great week:) 

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Congratulations on the new job! I know you are excited!!! Be careful out in that white stuff!

Hollie said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Lucy said...

I am late with this but Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Good luck on the new job.