Friday, December 14, 2012

Oh, how I love you Friday!!! lol...Really, I do love this day as I'm sure many people do:) I will really love it when I'm on days and Friday night can be included into my week-end:)

I was on my way to my car this morning when my cell phone rang. It was a number that I didn't recognize so at first I wasn't going to answer it..but I did..It was a woman from a rehab/ elder care facility that I had applied to a while back. One that my friend works at..They were in need of a cleaner again..I told her that I had just accepted a position at another facility..
Guess they made a bad choice when they made their decision last time they were looking..lol..
I think I'm going to be much happier with the job I'm going to be starting..
I have orientation on Monday. It starts at 3:30..so, I'm going to take that day off at my present job..I know they won't be too happy but if I don't, I will not only be late getting to work but I will have a 45 mile drive..in rush hour so who knows how long it will take me. I'm going to let my manager know today so she can prepare for it.
They have been so uncaring about my feelings that I don't really care anymore.
I have given this company a lot and have not seen any loyalty from them so I'm not going to worry about it:)
Last night the manager brought pizza out for us..because we work so hard..uh yah, a day late and a dollar short..
After break, she came into one of the rooms I was cleaning to tell me that one of the teachers told her that since I took over doing his room, it has never looked nicer..He has thanked me a couple of times for the nice job I do..
I think my boss should have thought about my work ethic before he decided not to back me up on a few of my requests..oh well, water under the bridge..they'll figure this out when they start getting complaints after I'm gone..lol..

I'm making cookies to send to my grandson...it's going to be a hard Christmas with him being gone..This will be the first that one of  the kids won't be here:(
My grandson never ordered the pictures or dvd's offered at boot camp...ugh..
We made sure that he went back and ordered the pictures..what we didn't realize was how important the dvd would be..One of the Moms on our Delta sight started posting pictures and omg..I started finding pictures of my grandson..I was up until 3:30am looking thru them to find him..
I found pictures of him after they were done with The Crucible. I just started crying. I could see the emotion in his face. He was trying so hard not to cry..He did end up crying..He was so proud of himself. These boys had been up for 54 hours of very little sleep, a meal a day and miles of walking..
There were also pictures of them working out and doing other things..
LUCY....tell your grandson to order the pictures AND the dvd...
 Patrick is the 2nd on left
 Patrick is the young man right over the sgt.'s shoulder
 Patrick is on the right
 Patrick is first
Patrick and his Drill instructor turning to the right to acknowledge the oldest Marine that is standing there:)                                                                     
            

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Ryans dad and stepmom and his grandpa on is dads side and his wife are going to see him graduate and I am sure he will get the DVD and anything else they have. Hope you get the new job and it turns out better than the ones you have had,

Linda :) said...

So proud of your grandson... amazing these days with the ability to share pictures, even from boot camp... :)