Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lol...I can't believe that my last post started with...I'm feeling better.....

That is not how it turned out..I have been down for the count since last week..I missed work on Wed. Thurs. Friday and AGAIN on Monday...Of course, I don't get paid for those days and am not looking forward to my paycheck..

I have spent the last week moving from my bed to the couch..and then back to the bed..it has been so horrible I can't even begin to say..

Finally Sunday, I decided that I needed to go to the doctor so I could let them know at work what was going on..
I went to one of those walk in clinics right by my house.
The doctor said I have bronchitis...he prescribed cough syrup and an antibiotic...
I started both as soon as I got home..

Yesterday, I noticed that I was getting headaches..so I read the information sheets with the meds..Omg..I can't believe the side affects from cough syrup...one of which was headaches..so I stopped taking it..
Last night I was going over the sheet from the antibiotics..I swear the side affects are sometimes worse than the illness..It stated that if you have ringing in your ears, you should call your doctor immediately...So, I call the clinic when I got home from work..The doctor that saw me is only contracted to be there on the week-end..and therefore they can't do anything..I told her that it took EVERY cent I have except $1.22... to see  the doctor on Sunday and pay for my meds..I DONT have any more until I get paid..Well, she couldn't give me any medical advice because I'm not a regular patient at that clinic...and I would need to come in to see if the ringing in the ears is from the meds...Well, dumb ass, I didn't have it BEFORE I came in, so I  can assume that it's from the meds...
I can't even tell you how mad I am...I told her that I would just stop taking the meds...

I really don't have any other choice.. I know I could talk to my sister in law and she would cover it until I got my taxes back. but I don't want to do that...I already owe her 250.00 that she so generously sent me when she knew I was having a hard time with the job changes..She does my taxes and isn't worried about getting her money back..lol...
I'll get it figured out..and if I have to be seen again, I'll pay to go to the clinic that I had been with for years before I lost my insurance.

Oh, it has been a horrible week..I am glad I was able to make it back to work today..it was a long day..but they couldn't have been more understanding..and a few told me how nice it was to have me back:)
The receptionist was also out..same thing..she was out a day before me...so I blame her for making me sick..lol...

Well, that's all the news in my neck of the woods...I'm getting tired and need to lay down..lol..it's only 6:52pm and I'm ready for bed. lol.....

Hope this finds everyone well!!!            

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Wow, Bless your heart!! Sounds like some of our issues lately with the meds!! I sure hope and pray your feeling much better by now!! Take care!!