Monday, May 20, 2013

 Woo hooo..had a nice week-end....

Saturday morning we sat out for two hours for  our Dells tickets..
Lots of fun free stuff to do..and some things that we will only have to pay $3.00 to do..that's a good deal..
There were actually a few people that gave a thumbs down to what we received..VERY ungrateful...
We also received a ticket for SummerFest..That's a $15.00 ticket..That alone would have been worth sitting for:)

On Sunday, my daughter and I went on a short road trip..to Montello..That's a little town about two hours from me..My Great Aunt and Uncle lived there...I have so many good memories of going to visit them..
I have a quilt that she made which I will hand down to my grandson Paris...he seems to be the only one that has an interest in the family history...
Any way...
I took pictures of the house that they lived in..It is right on the Montello river..right before it goes into the Fox river...

As we were leaving town, my daughter noticed a sign that advertized canoeing and kayaking...we went to the door and they had a closed sign up..as we were walking away the guy came out and said that they were open for river rides...Well, my daughter and I have talked about going kayaking soooooo....WE DID IT...lol...

 It took us about an hour and 15 minutes...and yes, we had moments of thinking "what have we gotten ourselves into"...lol...at the end of the run you get out at a landing by a bar...we went in and had a bite to eat and called the guy to come and pick us up...

It was a lot of fun..but we are not used to that physical type of work so we can feel it today...lol...

On another note about my Aunt Gusty...I had been looking online to see if I could find anything on her..Well, I did..It seems that she has two recipes in a book called "The Flavors of Wisconsin"...Chocolate Cookie cake  and Easy Chocolate Frosting...
I ordered the book and should receive it by Wednesday...I am so excited to have a bit of her history...
It's funny because just the week before I had been telling Paris what a great cook Aunt Gusty was...

on that note, I'm going to post a picture or two and get in the shower...
Just realized that I can't post the pictures until I get them off of face book and downloaded to my computer..Maybe tomorrow...lol....

2 comments:

Lucy said...

So glad you got out and had a good time. You would never catch me on all that water in a contraption like that. Good pictures.

Linda :) said...

What a great time and kayaking too!
Hubby and I went river rafting in Yosemite many years ago and it was then that he proposed... :)