Saturday, June 29, 2013






This is a picture of my Aunt Margaret....my moms sister...
 I think she looks so beautiful in this picture:)

I was always close to her..She had lived in the Dells but after my grandma passed away she moved to Missourii to be close to her son..

She was one of my favorite people:)





This is my sister Donna Lee....She was my moms first born child..My mom was only 18..Donna lee developed spinal menningitis when she was just shy of 2 years old..
She would have been 18 years older than me..I would have loved to have grown up with a big sister...
My mom had 4 boys after Donna Lee..and then me..
My mom never got over the loss of her first born to the point of really being able to talk about it..

Last night my daughter and I went to Summerfest..it's one of the largest music festivals..We went to see a rapper...lol..not my kind of music but she wanted to go and didn't have anyone to go with..so being the great mom that I am, I said I would go with her...lol...

It was a free concert..we went to the venue  2 1/2 hours early to get good seats..
We settled down for the wait..we had a seat on the bench that provided a great unobstructed view...Until it got closer to the time that the show was going to start..then people kept trying to stand in front of where we were sitting..Finally security came and told them that they couldn't stand there..(it's a code thing)...

Then a couple of drunk woman came and stood there..my daughter was trying to video tape and told them they were going to have to move.."they" did not like that and started getting in her face so I stood up and then we were all in each others faces..I went to get security and they finally made them leave..but only after another person sitting by us said something also...I was Pissed...

Then 2 drunk woman and a man came and did the same thing..security comes and tells them that they can't stand there..These idiots try to weasle their way in by the bench seats..We started yelling that those weren't their seats...ugh..They finally made them leave....Unreal..
I've had my share of being at concerts drinking too much..but I sure didn't do what they were trying to do..
It just put such a damper on the whole evening..and I sure will be writing a letter to the people in charge of this venue..I could have done a better job of security then they did...

Tomorrow I'm going to a play with my granddaughter Monique..My daughter had gotten her tickets for the play Wicked for her birthday..her boyfriend doesn't want to go...Yay...It looks like a really good play and I've never been to one so it's very exciting:)

That's about it for news in my world..
Hope everyone is enjoying their week-end:)

3 comments:

Hollie said...

So sad about your sister!! I'm so sorry!! Those people were so rude!! It's does put a damper on everything when this happens!! Have fun at the play!!

Lucy said...

I think several people are just so rude. I have never been to a concert and don't plan o it ever.

Linda :) said...

I would have had a younger sister but she only lived a couple of hours... I have all brothers... I am eighteen years older then my youngest brother... People are so annoying at functions these days like they can get special treatment over others... how rude... :)