Thursday, August 8, 2013

I'm Back......lol....


We had a really nice time...for the most part..oh, that sounds terrible...

We left at 7:00am...got to Chicago at 9:00am to pick Monique up..
 And then we were on our way..I think we made three very short stops...

My daughter is so excited about Tennessee..I was excited too...It was nice to see a little of our country on the ride down..

I was not too impressed with Memphis..Which really surprised me. I had enjoyed going through Nashville some years back and truly expected to feel the same way about Memphis..

To me, it was all express way..every time we wanted to go somewhere, we had to get on  the express way and I didn't really enjoy that..the thought of having to do that every time I wanted to go somewhere let me know for sure that I didn't want to move there..
Especially as I get older..lol..that's the last thing I want to do..

I know we have the snow and cold here, but Wisconsin is a beautiful state..and I don't have to get on the express way every day....lol...

Another low point for me was having my feelings about my daughters boyfriend confirmed...ugh...I just don't like him..I won't get into it, but there were a few incidents that I wasn't pleased with..small things, but they showed his character..

All I can do is pray that this fizzles out...lol..which I'm sure it will.
Keep your fingers crossed that my daughter finally gets on 1st shift in Sept..THAT will play a large part in her staying here:)

I finally made it to Graceland and was very pleased with the experience..I went by myself as I wanted to do..It rained part of the time so that made the outside viewing a little tough..but I made the most of it...
I did by myself some souvenirs..I got a canvas bag, a coffee mug and a fridge magnet..I felt a little selfish getting so many things but it's ELVIS..lol...Oh, and I got a license plate holder..ha-ha...

The night before my daughters birthday my grandkids and I went down to her room and decorated her door...it was too darned cute..
We had also gone to the store across the street and gotten cupcakes to surprise her with:)

We went to Slave Haven...so awesome and informative..It's a house that was used for the underground railroad...

We went to mud island on the Mississippi...and even did a little paddle boat ride...

We went to see the ducks at The Peabody...it was cute..but I was more interested with the hotel itself..It was so grand..oh how I wish I could spend one night there..

We went to The National Civil Rights Museum..Where Martin Luther King Jr. was shot..It was something everyone should do..

We walked Beale St...we ended up going during the day..it was pretty low key..I'm sure it's hoping at night...

I'll post some pictures now...

 Monique, me and Paris outside of The Peabody..
 This is the tram we took to get to Mud Island..
 The Mississippi...
 Paris, Shannon and Monique...
 Graceland...
 These two pictures are Elvis' living room:)

 They had one of Elvis' jumpsuits in the museum at Mud Island and this is me being silly...
 The Mississippi..
 Me with my feet in the water:) They have the Mississippi carved in the walkway...filled with water of course..
 Slave Haven...
 Hope you enjoyed the pictures:)

1 comment:

Linda :) said...

I enjoyed the pictures very much and glad you enjoyed your vacation... the best part of vacation is realizing we appreciate home just as much... it took son1 two and a half years to break up with one girlfriend I did not like and they were living together, so give daughter a bit of time, she will come to her senses... :)