Wednesday, August 21, 2013

This may not be a post that everyone agrees with, but I need to post it anyway..I am so mad, upset and discouraged by this country..........

I applied for food stamps online last week..I received a letter saying that they wanted to do a phone interview...I took that as a good sign that I would be accepted..NOT...I make three hundred dollars too much a month..I actually started to cry when she told me that...I told her that I know she doesn't make the rules..but it's a shame that someone that really needs help can't get it while there are people that are able bodied and don't work but just keep having kids and receive food stamps...and then they sell them and the kids still don't eat properly...
This country has it's priorities messed up..We need to start helping the people that are trying to help themselves and to hell with the rest of them...
No, we do it the complete opposite..We give to those that don't work ( and could)...

I am so upset..They take your gross wages..that is before taxes...What I actually bring home is way below the limit..but it doesn't matter..they go by the gross income...

Tomorrow when I go to work, I have to drop my health insurance..that will give me an extra 150.00 a month...Besides it doesn't make any sense to have the insurance when I can't pay my portion..I already have two doctor bills that I am going to have to make payments on...and that is with out having had the actual physical...

Sorry for the rant..but I am feeling so let down by my own government...


I'll get over it...and maybe I'll see what I can do to make some changes in the way these things are handled.....

I hope your week is going well:) Mine will get better:)

3 comments:

Lucy said...

You are right about the fairness of the situation. I tried to get help with prescriptions and my guess is that you probably make a little more than Joe and I put together, and we were 3.00 over, so we did not get any help either.

Hollie said...

Very frustrating indeed!!! We have tried to get my parents help also but couldn't as they drew a little more than they should to qualify!!

Lucy said...

How about 2 dollars higher. That knocked us out. Thanks for all of your lovely comments. from the wedding.