Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back from the Windy City.....

We had a really nice time:) For the most part, things went smoothly..
Had a few glitches with directions and changing our route plan..The weather played a few games with us..lol...but we made it thru...

We went to the hotel and checked in and pretty much had to head out right away to get to the concert...

As we were leaving the hotel we could see nasty clouds in the distance..Yep, right where we were headed..lol...


 These two pictures are of the birds that were having a problem flying due to the strong winds..We could not stop laughing..I couldn't figure out why they would just stay in one spot..The light was not on fire..

This was actually the first sign of nasty weather...

By the time we got to the venue, it had started raining and the was a ton of lightening..
They weren't letting anyone in so we sat in the car..We finally decided to go and get something to eat..
We found a Sushi place..I had cashew chicken and a California roll and an Unaki (not sure of the spelling) roll..It is eel..sounds gross but is Very good...




We made our way back to see if the concert was going to happen..
Kid Rock was already playing...
It was an awesome concert...This was his roll back concert..He was trying to show his appreciation to his fans by only charging $20.00 a ticket...
I think that says a lot about his character..



It was worth the trip for sure:)

The next morning we had to head another 150 miles south west  to pick up Lauries friend to give her a ride back to Wisconsin. It turned out she was headed to the same town that I live in..

On the ride I got a call from my grandson Mason's other grandma, Chris...Her daughter died..They had been estranged for a couple of years and had just reconnected because her  husband had left her..Chris knew that she was distraught but never thought her daughter would take her own life..and so far, that's what it is looking like..
She leaves behind a young son..so darned sad..We can't always see that someone is going into such a dark place that they don't think they can come back from it..

The funeral is going to be Tuesday..Not the circumstances in which I wanted to see Mason..but I'll certainly be there for Chris, Tim and Mason..

Today I worked on the table I am refinishing..ugh..if I ever say anything about doing another project again, PLEASE tell me not to...lol...

I have to get another can of stripper to finish it..I used gel stripper first, then decided to try the spray on..it seemed easier in some respects but I don't think it worked as well as the brush on stuff...

Well, I'm running out of steam so I'm going to go to bed:)
Have a great Labor Day!!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Glad you got to see the concert anyway!! I'm so sorry about the lady's daughter! Oh how sad!! I'll be praying for the entire family!! Good luck on your project!!

Linda :) said...

Glad the concert wasn't cancelled and you had a great time... Special thoughts for Chris' family... I'm sure the table is coming out just fine... you are so very handy with crafty things... :)