Saturday, September 28, 2013

Just a short entry.....

My (ex) Father - in - law is coming to the end of his life..
I'm not sure how long it will be, but from what my sister-in-law (ex), has said, he is not doing good at all...

When you get divorced, there are no rules..you make them up as you go..or you adjust to what the other people want...

My ex-husband Mike is not a person that thinks families should stay friends...lol...He doesn't want anyone to figure out that he is always telling someone bs.....He isn't aware that his sister and I have a friendship..Which is a whole story in itself..lol..( I get upset sometimes that she doesn't stand up to him and that it's none of his business if we are friends...
Anyway..........

I had recently told my son Jeremy that he needed to stop at the shop to say hi to his grandpa...now that won't happen..He did see him last month..he had stopped at the shop to see him..He did that on his own..and that makes me proud that he would think of that..
With aspergers syndrome, they don't always think outside of their own circle of time....
He also called him last month on his birthday. His grandpa wasn't home but he left a message..which is another huge step for him....

Last summer I ran into my father in law at walmart...he was warm and friendly and it felt good to talk to him for a bit:)

Growing up without a dad around, I never had that father figure..I always felt I had that with Harold..In the 17 years that his son and I were married, there was never a time that I was angry at him...(different story with my mother in law...lol..)
When my husband and I got divorced, I still worked a few hours a day down at the shop with his dad...until my ex made that impossible...when that happened I cried so hard..I called my ex and screamed at him...I had lost my marriage and then had to deal with the loss of this man also...so unfair...
The last 5 years or so, I have been making cookies for Harold at Christmas...This is something I always did when Mike and I were married...I really just wanted him to know that I was thinking of him...we always had a joke that I took the calories out...lol...

Today when I went to the store to get goodies for the kids, I picked up a card for Harold...The outside of the card says "Remember, whether it's a good day or a bad day....it's always a LOVE you day!!
Perfect....Jeremy comes home tomorrow and then I'm going to have him sign it also and drop it off in Harolds mailbox so Kelly can get it to him...

I was doing okay with everything until I told my daughter about it..then it became real...
Now I've had a good cry and I need to get it together before all of the kids show up...lol...It will be a good day:)

No comments: