Sunday, October 13, 2013

Waking up is the hardest:(

My grandsons obituary is in the newspaper today...and sadly so is the obituary for my former father in law...Tragic....Even more so because my grandson never got to know him..
I think the last time my f-i-l saw him was when he was under the age of two...
Rest in peace Harold.....

We have almost every thing done for JJ's return home..I think the only thing we have to do now is finish his picture board..I found the most recent pictures of him when we were all camping in the Dells in June..

My daughter found the most beautiful burial plot..He will have a tree on either side of him..we will be able to plant live flowers and small greenery..In fact, a girl that she went to school with works for a local nursery and the have offered to go there and do the planting for us..Everyone has done so much..it has touched our hearts in ways we can't even explain....

The hardest part is going to be dealing with the AWFUL Westboro Baptist Church..They are so vile...they do protests at the funerals of fallen soldiers...I know the Marines were keeping an eye on their website to see if they were planning on coming here, but I decided to check for myself..In one way, I'm glad I did, because, sure enough, there at the top of the list is my grandsons name....OMG..I just felt sick that they would have a list of 11 people that they are going to protest...
Well, let me tell you......they are going to have a fight on their fucking hands when they get here...NOT only with the Patriot Guards be here, but my nephew is getting ahold of the Rolling Thunder...They are a group of Vets that ride motor cycles and they will NOT let them get close..We will also enlist the help of the Barking Lot..that is where my grandpuppy goes to day care..They said they would Bring out the Dogs...We know these dogs are loving family dogs but they will look mighty mean..90% of them will be Pitts.....

I don't know how these people can call themselves a church..it makes me literally sick to my stomach...

As it turns out, JJ won't be home until Wed..Shannon wanted to leave him at Dover where he will be looked after by his Marine brothers for as long as possible...

Tomorrow we will go and finalize his headstone..oh it is so beautiful..It stands about 4 1/2 feet tall...It is a square pillar..

Then we will be done until he comes home on Wed......and then the hardest part will start....

Please keep us in your hearts and prayers that we can get thru this.......  

3 comments:

Lucy said...

What in the world happened to your grandson??? I wondered where your blog went. The link worked. I am just so sorry to hear the sad news.

slj said...

Hi Lucy,
We don't know exactly yet...It will be two weeks tomorrow since he died..He finally came home yesterday..Tomorrow is the viewing and then saturday is the service..It's been so heartbreaking..
Sheri

Linda :) said...

I am so sorry... This is so sad... Gentle hugs to you... I am so glad you left a message in my blog, so I can be with you at this hard time... I can see your blog fine, as I use Feedly... Every day I think of blogging but fall asleep so early as I get up so early... and you with two plus jobs now... Hubby's new job is going great! He works evenings and I work early, so we are playing tag as he is driving to work when I am driving home from work... And now that I don't have him home full time to run the house, I have more to do... Plus he gets the boys to school and I get them home and then help with homework... So yes I am fine... but so sad for you now... Thinking of you.......