Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's a bright sunny day today..Much needed for sure...

Friday was a hard day..It marked 6 months since my grandson died.
I go by the date: 10-4-13...The official day and the one that my daughter goes by is: 10-5-13....

Does it really matter? No..I personally feel like it is the 4th so that is what I go by....

We took his uniforms to the dry cleaner..that was so hard for my daughter to do..she broke down while we were there..she is terrified that they will loss something..
I made sure to ask them if the clothes will leave the building, the woman assured me that they wouldn't..she even put it on the tag that they were not to leave the premise.
They should be done on Tues..

My daughter has a fear that something might happen to JJ's possessions that she has at her house..fire, flood, theft...whatever..it may be unfounded but it is a fear no the less.
Yesterday I suggested that she get a gun safe..One of the really large ones that you couldn't just pick up and move yourself...
I think she's going to do that:)

We went to the dollar store and bought pin wheels, little flag and ornament holders to place at the gravesite...It looks really nice..

We went for lunch and then an ice cream..

Then we headed back to her house to work on cards to send to people that attended the services...
We got about 60 done..and have maybe 50 or 60 left to do..
We had done quite a few shortly after the service..and she has done some here and there..So, that tells you that there were many people that came to pay their respects...
Everyone tells her not to worry about getting cards out, but she wants to get it done...so that is our priority:)

Today is a beautiful day..I have a few windows open, I can here the birds chirping..and I wish I had something to do outside so I could enjoy it more...

I'm actually just working on little projects around the house..I need to go to the store  and get a few things..I wish I had done that before the store gets too busy..lol..but I didn't...

I need to make a menu plan..A new menu plan...lol..we get so tired of  eating the same things...

Well, instead of writing about what I need to do, I'm going to get off of here and actually get some of these things accomplished..lol..

Enjoy your day!!  

1 comment:

Linda :) said...

Hi... I'm glad to see you blogging again... I would be making the cards too... and it's easier to write about what needs to be done then actually doing it... :)