Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I am struggling to stay with the new job.
In fact, today I put in my two week notice..My new boss (Scott) called right away to talk me out of it..He says things will change. Hummm....

I have been working 11 to 15 hours a day..Covering buildings, going to the office at 3..driving from one end of the state to the other..(ok, I may have exaggerated that one)...lol..but honestly, I have buildings that are an hour apart. So, if I have to cover both of them on the same night, I have that long drive..ugh..
I have most of my buildings to take care of at night..but I have three restaurants that are early morning. that's tough when I've been up until 3 or 4 in the morning..then I feel guilty that I didn't take care of them..
Scott told me this morning that he doesn't really care about the restaurants. He would never have taken them on. He doesn't really care if they go with another company or not.
This has been a very stressful time for me..Dealing with the physical and mental stress has taken it's toll.
I have had 3 cleaners quit without giving notice..I need a fill-in to cover things like this so I can be out at the other buildings making sure they are being cleaned properly..
Scott now says that he will give me a fill-in that one of the other managers is using..(I'm sure she will be happy-NOT) but she does have another fill in so it makes sense..I NEED the help..

Right now, I have been working week-ends..that takes it's toll also. I never have a chance to decompress from the stress of the week.
If I get the fill in, then that person can take care of the week-end buildings..
THAT would be wonderful..
I knew Scott would try to talk me out of quitting..lol..and I must say, I am scared about not having the income..The other job I have been offered doesn't pay half of what I am earning now..I planned on working an additional part time evening job to supplement the day income..

Now I'm not sure what I should do..It's times like this that I wish I had a partner to help me work thru this. But I don't so it's all on me..I know my son worries about what is going to happen..I try to tell him we will be okay. but he still worries.

The sad fact is, that is all I have to talk about. My life is all about work right now...Hopefully next time I post an entry it will be about something cheerful:)  

2 comments:

Linda Reynolds said...

Hope your jobs are better now... Don't want you stressed... I'm stressed enough for both of us, lol... Work... shouldn't it be a little fun sometimes... I work every weekend so I can help watch the grandson on my days off during the week... I'm off today on a Saturday because we had VIPs in the store during the week and I had to work... Hope you are having a relaxing Saturday!! I'm trying in between the chores and grocery shopping... :)

slj said...

Hi Linda,
I was shocked to see a comment...lol..It's been a while..My blog seemed to have disappeared and others could not see it..
Your job has always been so stressful. I don't know how you do it..lol
I'm so glad you get to spend that extra time with your grandbaby..There is nothing better:)
Hope you have a great week:)
Sheri